The Stylin’ Paws Spay and Neuter Policy
Spay and Neuter Requirements Keep Pets Safe
To keep our guests safe, we require that all dogs over eight-months-old attending Stylin’ Paws Day Stay be spayed or neutered.
Understanding Our Policy
We make health and safety of our doggy guests a priority. There are a number of reasons we require that the dogs attending our daycare be spayed or neutered, including (but not limited to) the following reasons:
- Unwanted pregnancy can result from intact males and females interacting
- Intact dogs may become aggressive when playing, exhibit dominant behavior, feel threatened, etc.
- Hormones present in intact dogs may trigger aggression and fighting
Exceptions to the Spay and Neuter Rules
If you are waiting to have your puppy spayed or neutered due to health reasons, we completely understand. In these cases, we allow puppies under one-year-old to enjoy Stylin’ Paws under the following conditions:
- They are not demonstrating dominant behaviors, such as biting, mounting, etc.
- Their intact status does not lead to dominant behaviors from other dogs
- Their presence is not disrupting or negatively impacting the overall group of guests
Questions About Policy
We’re happy to answer any other questions you may have regarding our policy.
- © 2021, Stylin' Paw Salon & Day Stay. All Rights Reserved.
- Iowa Web Design by EDJE